Your LTG Resources
Use the Learning to Give Lesson Search Engine to access thousands of K-12 lessons with content that is appropriate for your current area of study. Search by:
- Lesson Content Area (e.g., social studies or English language arts)
- Grade Level (K-2, 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12)
- State Standards (Coded to all 50 state academic standards.)
- Philanthropy Themes ( I. Definition of Philanthropy, II. Philanthropy and Civil Society, III. Philanthropy and the Individual, and IV. Volunteering and Service)
- Keyword(s) (e.g., Citizenship/Civic Engagement, Community, Stewardship)
- Lesson Summaries (access keywords or key phrases against a full-text search of the “Lesson Summary” paragraph)
Annotated Bibliography of Children’s Literature
Organized by the grade spans of K-2, 3-5, 6-8, this bibliography will help in your selection of books and visual media with themes of giving time, talent or treasure for the common good.
Philanthropy Briefing Papers
Philanthropy Briefing Papers give educators an abbreviated snapshot of significant Concepts, People and Organizations linked with philanthropy. The three- to five-page Briefing Papers cover the following informational areas: Definition, Historic Roots, Importance, Ties to the Philanthropic Sector, Key Related Ideas and Important People, Nonprofits and Web Sites Related to the Topic.
Careers in the Nonprofit Sector
A place to research nonprofit career opportunities that students may enjoy as they make the world a better place.