Trash or Treasure?
Responsibilities of Learners to Prepare for Cleaning the Park
- Contact local newspaper to inform them of your wish to receive some coverage.
- Contact PTO to sponsor costs for trash bags, Ziploc bags and plastic gloves.
- Create permission slips for parents to sign.
- Contact principal to receive permission to go on the trip.
- Contact transportation department.
- Assign someone as the official photographer who will take pictures of learners preparing and actually going out and collecting trash.
- Assign someone as the recorder to record the events of the day.
- Contact the parks department to receive permission for trip.
- Assign someone to be in charge of distributing the plastic gloves.
- Assign someone in charge of distributing trash bags.
- Assign learner in charge of keeping track of types of trash.
- Assign someone to be in charge of "quadrants" in the park so that learners donít miss trash in those areas.