February Moments of Service
Black History Month
Students explore the role of African Americans in U.S. history and celebrate their achievements with acts of service.
Random Acts of Kindness Week (February 11 - 17)
Take time this week to do something kind for someone else.
Valentine's Day (February 14)
Help students demonstrate their caring and friendship through acts of caring and kindness for individuals, and for organizations that serve those in need.
generationOn Lessons & Resources
Kids Care Clubs Valentine's Day
Kids Care Clubs participate in Valentine's Day in February.
To register as a club go to the Home page http://www.kidscare.org and click on Register Now. Any questions, call toll free 1-866-269-0510.
African American Perspectives on Philanthropy: View educational materials and resources to celebrate the contributions of these outstanding advocates and philanthropists. View Resources
Learning to Give Lessons
A single class-period lesson that focuses on making a difference in the community through art. These lessons include bonus Learning Links and Reflection Activities.
- Action through Art
- Art as Advocacy
- Faces of the Community (The)
- Funding the Arts
- Gift of Art (The): Private Action for the Common Good (PAG)
- Giving from the Heart
- Landscape Legacies
- Making the World a More Beautiful Place (Kindergarten)
- Painting Pictures with Poetry: Art from the Heart
- Poetry for the Common Good
- Powerful Words Can Warm the Heart
- Sharing our Talents
- Singing a Song of Community
- What Goes Around, Comes Around!
School Year Calendar
generationOn and Learning to Give are excited to offer a menu of resources to help you implement service-learning and philanthropy education into your school! View the generationOn School Year Calendar to discover more service opportunities.
Go to the Moments of Service homepage.
Learning to Give Units
Multi-lesson service-learning units, correlated to state and national Common Core standards, to teach the importance of civic engagement for the common good.
- Buzzing is BEE-lieving
- Philanthropic Literature
- Phil's Garden of Good
- Sharing the Gift of Literacy
- Diverse Voices-African American Ventures
- Heroes and Their Impact
- Philanthropy in Literature
- Philanthropy—The Big Picture
- Around the World
- Art for the Common Good—Junkanoo!
- Courage of the Heart
- Global Peace and Local Legacies
- Make the Connection! Core Democratic Values and Philanthropy
- Poetry of Giving (The)
- Setting the Stage for Service Learning Relationships
- Tulipmania – Growing Flowers to Share
- Women of the Industrial Era
- Affirmative Action
- All for One
- Concepts of Leadership
- Heroism In Literature
- Launching Your Ship with Citizenship
- My Country, My Community
- Private Resources for the Common Good
- Sensitive Side of Philanthropy (The)
- Sports Legends and Philanthropy—Jackie Robinson, Arthur Ashe, and Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- Women in Philanthropy
Profiles in Philanthropy
Informational Papers related to concepts of civil society and service