Classroom Grants for Service
- Try the Blue Sky activity to get your students thinking about their passions and community needs.
- Take a moment to browse Mr. Dikeman and Ms. Found's 2016-17 grant stories.
- Watch students from the Bellaire School in NYC in their creative video as part of their service-learning project: Don't Stress the Test.
- Check out the current TeachOne initiative for low barrier, easy access to Learning to Give lessons and service-learning project ideas.
- Plus, be sure to follow @LearningtoGive on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn to share your project plans, get inspired, and stay connected! #LTGMiniGrant #Teach1
How do you connect Learning to Give lessons to service? The sky is the limit!
Learn about kids with special needs and plan a party to make forever friends.Discuss why people are homeless and create compassion bags to donate.Gather scientific data at a local river and write letters about water quality to state representatives.Research the mission and activities of local nonprofits to help determine where the class will volunteer.Read a picture book about a lonely senior whose life was brightened by an intergenerational friendship and plan reciprocal activities to build friendships at a local retirement community.
Take your lesson or project to the next level!